Weekly news collection of April, 10, 2020
Crypto and Money
- Helicopter money is coming for hundreds of millions of people around the world, but there´s one problem though. There´s simply not enough “helicopters”. How do you practically distribute money to the people? Crypto is the only solution…Even if the article below does not address the issue, I believe this is one more reason that will push governments faster into adopting CBDCs.
Frances Coppola: How to Get Coronavirus Money to Folks Fast - CoinDesk
How to Get Money to People in an Emergency, Fast Frances Coppola, a CoinDesk columnist, is a freelance writer and…
- Fintech will clearly benefit wildly from that and its adoption increased by over 70% in the meantime.
FinTech Adoption Sees 72% Increase from Coronavirus - The Tokenist
Coronavirus - the cause of COVID-19 - has already made dramatic impacts on our working and personal lives. More…
- The US adds another 6,6 million jobless claims this week bringing the total in just 3 weeks to almost 18 million.
Geopolitics — Oil and Energy
- Will Russia´s President Putin play a key role in brokering a “deal” between China and the US in this new “cold-war”? You bet he will…
Has the U.S. Cold War Shifted from Russia to China? - Gold Goats 'n Guns
Starting in the Obama administration the U.S. increased its full spectrum dominance campaign against Russia as an…
- The covid related economical crisis is adding fuel to the oil price war between Russia and Saudi. But this is only the facade. The complexities of the energy market and how this affects geopolitics are huge. What to expect from the energy markets in the medium to long term after the crisis settles?
Hot Topic #12: Oil Market Special with Art Berman and Nate Hagens
Play the Above Episode in a Pop-Up Window | Download the Above MP3 File Arthur E. Berman is a geological consultant…
Geopolitics and Covid-19
- A good analysis of the various impacts that the Coronavirus crisis will have on Geopolitics
Coronavirus: who will be winners and losers in new world order?
Andrà tutto bene, the Italians have taught us to think, but in truth, will everything be better the day after? It may…
Who's Next to Fail in the Post-COVID World?
As much as I hate to invoke The Ayn Rand lest I give off the impression I'm some kind of Objectivist, which I am most…
- The era of peak globalization is over. What will come afterwards is the question.
Why this crisis is a turning point in history
The deserted streets will fill again, and we will leave our screen-lit burrows blinking with relief. But the world will…
- After days of negotiations the Eurogroup has agreed basically ….nothing. The Eurogroup, which does not even exist as a statutory organism of the EU — it is just an informal gathering - will put its “informal decisions” to the EU Council which will have to subscribe to it when it is scheduled to covene on the 23rd of April. This is what the Eurogroup proposes so far (see yourself the document released here):
n. 14) Emergency grants for €2,7billion
n. 15) The EIB will create a €25billion guarantee fund which can be leveraged by banks to lend up to €200million to SMEs
n. 16) An ESM credit line up to 2% of the member´s GDP (without conditionality) to be used only for emergency health care related investments (not for the economy!!!!)
n. 17) SURE up to €100 billion of loans (on favourable terms!!!) to support labour markets
All the rest is just bla-bla-bla. It remains to be seen in 13 days, whether the Italian PM Conte will stick to his words and refuse to sign the agreement which starts the operation of the ESM and therefore discredit its own Minister of Finance — the Soros Foundation member Gualtieri — who has signed the Eurogroup document in starking contrast with Conte´s words. For the Italians that might just be the last of the betrayals by the duo Conte-Gualtieri. Both might well be candidates for a treason indictment. Let´s wait and see…
Here more on the topic:
Il governo Conte/Gualtieri caduto nella trappola del MES
di Luciano Lago Il premier Conte aveva detto fino al giorno prima: "MES no, assolutamente inadeguato, Eurobond Si. Gli…
What's Next: 'Italexit' or a European Union Crack-Up? | The American Conservative
Since the birth of the European Union, there has been an intense debate about the possibility of creating a two-track…
- The ECB provides €ur 3 trillion loans at -0,75% to the banks to lend to the real economy with a package of collateral easing measures to help the money flow into the real economy. Let´s see the results of that…
Covid-19 as an opportunity to limit the freedom of speech
- Italy is the first EU member state to effectively create George Orwell´s dystopian Ministry of Truth.
Facebook has offered to implement a fact-checking service on Whatsapp posts concerning Covid-19 topics. The “generous offer” was clearly happily accepted by the National Agency for Communications. Currently the service is on a voluntary basis, meaning that users can ask Facebook (i.e Facebook´s chosen business partner which tells everyone what the “truth” really is) if indeed the post is true or not. But I am sure you get exactly where we are going to end with that. Just an example? Facebook business partners — such as the Pharma industry — can pressure to have news relating to certain drugs to be classified as fake news rather than others in order to steer mass consensus towards mass adoption of the drugs/vaccines more profitable to them. You can see that already happening for instance with hydroxychloroquine/cloroquine and Avigan being segregated on the sidelines despite there is scientific ground for their use. But of course this is not approved by the Ministry of Truth…
- Coronabonds have been definetly put aside this week. Germany and its northern group of allies have prevailed, as always. But the following articles sum up the contrasting views on that topic.
Gastkommentar: Warum Corona-Bonds Europa schaden
Auf dem morgigen Treffen der Euro-Finanzminister werden die südlichen Länder wieder Corona-Bonds fordern. Auch wenn sie…
Eurobonds or Bust? That's the Next Phase of the EU - Gold Goats 'n Guns
We've reached the next stage of the EU's evolution, whether it will adopt a common bond market or not. It's been clear…
If you would like to receive this weekly newsletter just follow me here on Medium. Please share this with your contacts as well. If you enjoyed this post, please “clap” Xtimes in the bottom left corner so it will be shared with more people. Many Thanks
Legal Disclaimer: The website and the information contained herein is for general guidance only and it does not constitute legal advice. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with lawyers on specific issues. All information in this paper is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or warranty of any kind, express or implied.
Investment Disclaimer: The website and the information contained herein is not intended to be a source of advice or credit analysis with respect to the material presented, and the information and/or documents contained in this website do not constitute investment advice.
© www.bianconiandrea.com — 2020