Weekly news collection of April, 4, 2020
Crypto and Money
- A Coindesk podcast with Niall Ferguson on how the Covid-19 crisis shows the general failure of all centralised systems and the need for a distributed architecture to reduce the points of failure in a global world. A distributed architecture for money.
Disruption, Money and a World of Change, Feat. Niall Ferguson- CoinDesk
"I think the right lesson to draw from all of this is that a global order needs to be based on a distributed operating…
- Some ground for optimism in the crypto sector in a Coindesk podcast
5 Reasons for Cautious Optimism in Crypto - CoinDesk
While traditional markets continue to flail, bitcoin (BTC) and crypto in general are showing surprising resilience and…
- US manufacturing still hold in March (but the crisis was only at the beginning in the US) while the services´ sector collapse.
US Manufacturing Slumps To Biggest Contraction Since Financial Crisis
After a bloodbath in European PMIs (and a 'surprise' surge back to growth in China ), and following some serious…
- US Jobless claims surge to 10 million in the last 2 weeks.
- EU Services collapse
- Everyone agrees, this is just the beginning of a long and nasty bear market
Gundlach, Marks, Rogers All Agree: It's Going To Get Much Worse
That's the message from billionaire cofounder (with Soros) of the legendary Quantum Fund, Jim Rogers, who told…
- Visualize the impacts on businesses here:
Visualizing COVID-19's Financial Impact On Local Businesses
To quantify the impact of COVID-19 on local businesses across the U.S., the data science team at Womply is conducting…
- Visualize how broken are the markets in 56 charts here:
Broken Markets: A Visual Odyssey Through All The Market's Dislocations In 56 Charts
Instead of narrating - often in mind-numbing detail - how broken markets are, for once we will let the charts do the…
- US businesses have drawn credit facilities for US$ 208 billion in the last few weeks fearing a credit crunch, of which US$ 100 billion only in last week. Auto and retail the most impacted sectors.
- NATO shows its irrelevance by carrying out useless military drills against an imaginary “evil” instead of deploying military medical staff to fight the real evil and help out the needing member countries. Only wasted money which enriches the arms lobby…
In the Pandemic NATO Shows Itself to Be as Irrelevant as Ever
© Photo: REUTERS/Christian Hartmann In 2015 Bill Gates gave a talk titled "We're Not Ready for the Next Epidemic" in…
EU Coronabonds issue
- The debate about the EU joint issue of coronabonds gets heated. Southern EU countries against the hard-core monetarists of northern Europe. However correct is Ramin´s historical reconstruction of the economic crises of the last 10 years in Europe and Germany´s role in them (article below), one cannot place the blame entirely on Germany. After all the “victims” are to be blamed more than the “culprit”. Put simply, it is not Germany´s fault if the Italians or the Greeks are represented by corrupted politicians who do not have at heart the interest of their own people. The problem is not Germany. The problem are the traitors to their own people like Tsipras, Conte, Renzi, Letta, Monti and so on with the governments of the last 15 years who did not raise their voice in Europe to bring a change in attitudes, policies and rules. The Brits did not accept it and left. But they are a proud people, they have a proud leader and they have balls. The others don´t. They weep and blame someone else, rather than standing up and fight. Germany pushes them around like puppets and will rightly continue to do so until you let them do that. Italy has all the means to change its destiny, to say enough to the €uro and the EU, but its people are not proud enough and do not have the courage to fight and endure the pains of hard choices before the gains will come. They are weak, they are vassals.
If Germany rejects Corona bonds they must quit the Eurozone
By Ramin Mazaheri for The Saker Blog Germany and their moral poses... a century of Europe cries, "Enough!" It's hard…
Seven leading German economists call for €1 trillion of European crisis bonds
In an important intervention on the economic emergency caused by coronavirus, seven prominent Germany-based economists…
- Having nothing else more important to do in such a critical moment Von der Leyen and other EU bureaucrats want to SANCTION Hungary. The reason being that “evil” PM Orban democratically asked the Parliament to vote for granting him extraordinary powers to handle the #covid crisis and the Parliament democratically said YES. This is “dictatorship” for the EU. Rather, in Italy the EU puppet PM Conte (now turning slightly rebellious towards his German masters and asking to issue EU coronabonds) grabs the very same powers with an emergency decree — without asking anyone — and that is “democracy” for the EU. No wonder that with such incompetent and arrogant bureaucrats the EU is falling apart. These people live in another world…made of unaccountability, irresponsibility, privileges, fat salaries, etc. The EU´s founding fathers, Adenauer, De Gasperi, Churchill and Monnet would be turning in their graves if they could only see what the EU has become.
Forderungen in der EU nach Sanktionen gegen Ungarn wegen Notstandsgesetzes
Der luxemburgische Außenminister Jean Asselborn forderte in einem Interview vom Mittwoch die Verbannung Ungarns aus den…
EU warns Hungary not to flout democracy with coronavirus laws
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union warned Hungary on Tuesday that emergency measures adopted by its nationalist…
- Putin, a giant Statesman of a past epoch in a world of mediocre politicians, sends medical aid even to the US. This despite the US sanctions, the continuous beating, smearing and insulting. The Dems also try to boycott the effort and smear the generous gesture. NO COMMENT
- In addition some Italian “press-stitutes” (i.e press-prostitutes) are hard at work in disinformation and smear the Russian aids as “useless”, while the Italian Ambassador officially thanks Russia for 600 ventilators.
How disinformation really works: Activists linked to pro-NATO think tank smear Russian Covid-19 aid…
Here's what happened. The weekend before last, Vladimir Putin called Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte. During the…
- If you want to see how this crisis might end look no further than Event201, a very timely pandemic simulation exercise which took place at the end of November 2019. Very interesting, but not for the faint of heart. Watch the videos of the meetings. In particular Video Segment 4 to see how your privacy rights and freedom of speech will be curtailed.
Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually…
- Also for the not faint-hearted my recent article on the economic impact of a pandemic based on World Bank studies
It´s not the virus, stupid… it´s the economic depression that will kill you
By Andrea Bianconi on The Capital
- You hear everything and its contrary about the utility or inutility of wearing a face mask. However always use your brain and be critical. There is a medium way between being 100% virus-proof or totally useless. This article shows the right common sense approach, the very same common sense that most people seem to miss.
COVID-19: WHY WE SHOULD ALL WEAR MASKS — THERE IS NEW SCIENTIFIC RATIONALE
The official recommendation in the United States (and other Western countries) that the public should not wear face…
If you would like to receive this weekly newsletter just follow me here on Medium. Please share this with your contacts as well. If you enjoyed this post, please “clap” Xtimes in the bottom left corner so it will be shared with more people. Many Thanks
Legal Disclaimer: The website and the information contained herein is for general guidance only and it does not constitute legal advice. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with lawyers on specific issues. All information in this paper is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or warranty of any kind, express or implied.
Investment Disclaimer: The website and the information contained herein is not intended to be a source of advice or credit analysis with respect to the material presented, and the information and/or documents contained in this website do not constitute investment advice.
© www.bianconiandrea.com — 2020